An eminent personality in Hospitality Industry with a high track record of academic excellence.
He is the man of high education background which he combined with rich experience at various
reputed Government Hotel Management Institutions. He also started his own Institution and run
He possess high knowledge about running a Catering Institution in the areas of Students
selection, teaching food fundamentals & cooking principles, selection of commodities, food
presentation skills, portion control, cost control, waste management & utilization, maintaining
hygiene & sanitation, staff control and training, planning and budgeting with the principal, arranging
special events, students counseling and motivation, placements, etc.
Publications and Achievement
- Author of a book titled “Food and Beverage Service” published by Oxford University Press, New Delhi, ISBN 0-19-806527-2
- Contributed articles to the food column of “The Hindu” Daily
- UGC Sponsored minor project work
- Designed and Executed a New Block of 40,000 Sq. ft. exclusively for Catering and Hotel Management Program at SNR Sons College, Coimbatore
- Presented Papers in Seminars sponsored by UGC in Avinashilingam University, Karpagam College of Arts & Science, Coimbatore
- Organized Workshops and many State level conferences and Food Festivals
- Attended workshop on Curriculum Development and continuous assessment by experts from TTTI, Bhopal and UK
- Senate member of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore
- Chairman for board of studies for CS&HM, Bharathiar University, TN
- Member in board of studies for CS&HM Calicut University, Kerala.
- Member in board of studies for Tourism & Hospitality Management, Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore.
- Chairman for Examination Board of Periyar University, Madurai Kamaraj University, Bharathiar University & Bharathidasan University.
- Member in board of studies for CS&HM PSG College of Arts and Science, CMS College, RVS College , Coimbatore and Christian College, Kodaikanal.
Consultancy work and Training
- Given Project consultancy for Saj Holiday Resort, Mahabaleshwar Maharashtra.
- Consultant for hospitality educational institution.
- Designed kitchen lay-outs for NIBM, Atlas Copco & RBI Canteens, Pune.
- Designed kitchen for Coimbatore Club.
- Designed and Promoted the Restaurant “The Chimney” in Erode.
- Extended consultancy work for the operation of Windsor Club, Salem.
- Provided consultancy for “The Grand Palace” Yercaud.
- Conducted training sessions to the employees of Heritage Inn, Nilgiris Nest, Déjà vu properties at Coimbatore.
- Handled cookery classes with students of Chinmaya School, Coimbatore.
Visiting Lecturer - For MBA program of Avinashilingam University, Coimbatore
Hotel Taj Mahal Intercontinental, Bombay - Management Trainee – 6 Months
1. a. IHM & CT – Pune - Assistant Instructor in Restaurant & Counter Service – 3 years -
b. Instructor (General) – Food & Beverage Service and Management – 3 years
c. Lecturer – 3 years
Organized and Managed Catering activities of the Institute, Guided Students in their Project Work, In charge for on the job Training Program for the Students, Organized seminars, Conferences and cultural activities, Attended workshop on Curriculum Development, evaluation system and on the preparation of Practical Manual conducted by the experts from British Council and TTI, Bhopal, Developed curriculum for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Courses, was examiner for Board of Technical Education, Bombay
F&B Service (Theory & Practical), Cookery, Costing, F & B Management, Hotel Accounts, Financial Management, Human Resource Management
2. Senior Lecturer at SNR Sons College, Coimbatore – 3 years
Head of the Dept. - 15 years
Assigning classes to Staff, Controlling Practical cost, Training Subordinates, Chalking out plans for the Dept., Continuous assessment, Designing need based curriculum for Hotel Management Program, Coordinating Training and Placement., Organizing function, Seminars, Workshops and demonstration classes.
3. Principal at Sterling School of Hotel Management, Valley View, Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu – 1 year
4. Head of the Department at SNR Sons College, Coimbatore – 5 years (2008 to till date)
Administration work, Curriculum design, Training, Function organization, Resort Operations, Assigning the classes, conducting theory and practical classes, developing curriculum for new courses, Co coordinating training and placement, Conducting seminars, workshops and demonstration and Evaluating faculty performance
Please contact me for more assignments on setting up Hotel Management Colleges, specialty
services, Personality development, Staff grooming, organizing Food Festivals, writing Hotel
Management Books and also serve faculty services.